You must have a compatible version of Microsoft Word already installed on
your computer before installing OnMerge Barcodes. Simply follow the following
- Close all running copies of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook and
Microsoft OneNote on your computer.
- Run the OnMerge Barcodes installer program and follow the on-screen
instructions to install OnMerge Barcodes.
- After installation, perform the steps in the folling section to use OnMerge Barcodes:
Set Word's Security Options
Click on the version of Microsoft Word you are using to see how to
make OnMerge Barcodes work with Word's security options:
Setting Word 2007 & later
Word 2007: Click the Microsoft Office (Circle) button,
then click Word
bottom). On the Tools menu, click Trust Center,
then click Add-ins. Proceed on to All Word versions 2007 & later,
Word 2010 and later: Click File in the menu, then click Options in
the left column. In the dialog box, click Add-ins in the left column.
Proceed on to All Word versions 2007 & later, below.
All Word versions 2007 & later: Locate OnMerge Barcodes in either Active
Application Add-ins or Inactive Application Add-ins section.
- If OnMerge Barcodes is in the Active Application Add-ins section,
your security settings are fine and OnMerge Barcodes is ready to use.
- If OnMerge Barcodes is in the Inactive Application Add-ins section:
- In the Manage box, click Disabled Items,
- Click OnMerge Barcodes and click Enable.
- Click Close.
- Close all open Word and Outlook sessions and re-open them.
Setting Word 2002/XP and 2003
Select Tools | Macro | Security in Word's main menu
and pick the Trusted Sources or Trusted Publishers dialog
tab. Make sure that Trust all installed add-ins and templates is
checked as shown in these examples: Word 2003 or Word
If the checkbox wasn't already checked, you must
close all open Word and Outlook sessions and re-open them after performing
When you next start Word, and if your version of Word is not up-to-date,
a popup box will notify you to install the latest Service Pack from Microsoft.
Service Packs are available at no charge from http://office.microsoft.com/officeupdate.
Word 2003 Security Dialog
Word 2002/XP Security Dialog