OnMerge Barcodes makes it easy to insert barcodes into Microsoft
Word documents. With OnMerge Barcodes, it's easy to make unique barcodes from
variable data or a database using Word's mail merge feature. And, you can just
as easily create one-off barcodes from hard-coded data.
There are several barcode addins available for Word, and OnMerge Barcodes
is unique because:
Some uses of OnMerge Barcodes include:
- No special fonts are needed
- You can produce any size of barcode
- No special data processing is needed -- just use regular mail merge
data or type in your own data
- Works with labels and other "more than one record per page" layouts
- No need to compute "check digits"
- Barcodes are "live previewed" on-screen, including mail-merged barcodes,
next/previous records, etc
- Barcodes can be mail merged directly to fax, email or your printer
- Multiple data fields can be easily merged into a single barcode, for
example FirstName + LastName + MemberID
- Warns about invalid data records
- Works with many types of legacy data, such as data formatted for old-style Code39 fonts
- Printing postal barcodes to receive postal discounts
- ID Cards, library cards, all sorts of cards
- Labels, shelf tags
- Placing QR Codes on business cards, signage, advertising,...
- Inventory and stock management
- Business Forms
- Document and file tracking in the office
- Production tracking
- Equipment and parts tracking
- Package tracking
- Returned mail tracking
- Scannable in-house catalogs, product listings, information sheets
- ... or tell us what you're using OnMerge Barcodes for!
How it works
OnMerge Barcodes is a Microsoft Word Add-In which adds to Word's existing
features without changing the way you're used to working with Word.
After installing, simply:
- Click on the OnMerge Barcode icon on the Mailings
tab to bring up the dialog box.
- Select the type of barcode you need, as well as its size, color, etc.
- Enter the data to code into the barcode or, if you're doing a mail merge,
point and click to choose database fields that will supply data during mail